> I need to prove that perl is better that ASP.NET for the project.

This is like comparing apples and granola bars.  Perl is a language and
ASP.Net is a framework.  What you should really be doing is comparing Perl
vs. C# (or VB.Net).

ASP.Net (and /Net in general) is a powerful tool, and although I was only
breifly introduced to it I can see where it could enhance a project.  Things
like seamless multi-language support and the ability to code a web app like
a desktop app (a distributed app coded like a local app) are pretty powerful
things.

If I had the opporunity to code for ASP.Net I think I would be a big fan.

So perhaps you shouldn't be trying to convince them that Perl is better than
ASP.Net... perhaps you should instead try to convince them that Perl is
better than C# (or VB.Net) due to the language features and most importantly
the vast library of pre-written code that is available.

So what I am trying to say is, look at Visual Perl
(http://www.activestate.com/Products/ActivePerlProStudio/?_x=1).  It let's
you write .Net apps in Perl.  Sort of the best of both worlds.

Just to give you some background on where I am coming from, I used to be an
ASP developer.  At my jast job I was pulled into the Internet Resources
Department due to the fact that I knew Perl, and although it was an ASP
shop, they had a need to write a CGI app for an external server.
Unfortunately the CGI project fell through, but I did convince them that
Perl was more powerful than VBScript, and they installed ActivePerl which
allowed Perl coding in the ASP pages.  In general we found that things that
the VBScript programmers strugged with I was able to do easily just because
of the language features (regular expressions in particular) and the
available libraries.

Hope that helps some.

Rob