I forgot to CC the list with my last post!  sorry, won't happen again.
--Errin

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Errin Larsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 15:46:33 -0500
Subject: Re: How to dynamically taking the multiple input arguments?
To: Bee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Alrighty ... So the code I've got now is below.  Some of the
variables' names have changed to make things slightly less confusing
(probably only less confusing for me!).  I also moved those parens
arount the 'shift' function so it communicates the precendence (again,
in my opinion) a little more clearly.  I have tested this and it seems
to work! comments?

#!/usr/bin/perl
use warnings;
use strict;

unless( @ARGV >= 2 ) { die "Usage: $0 file1 file2 [file3...]\n"; }

my @final_results = ();
foreach my $file ( @ARGV ) {
        open IN, $file or die "Couldn't open $file: $!\n";
        my @tmp_results = map{ s/\s+//g; ( shift @final_results ).$_ } ( <IN> );
        @final_results = @tmp_results;
        close IN;
}

print "$_\n" foreach( @final_results );

btw, thanks for all the help and explanations David and Bee (sorry
about my ignorance of the HTH!).  I hope Edward (the original poster!)
has been paying attention!

--Errin