Errin Larsen wrote:

Ok ... please forgive my n00b-ness, but can you help me understand a couple of things here. This part:

   shift (@results) . $line

Is it the same as:

   shift @results . $line

I'm thinking "no".  But I don't know what the difference is.  I also
don't understand what exactly that shift is doing, but if I understand
the difference with the parens maybe It'll start to make more sense to
me.

If you had actually tried to run them you would have seen that the second one does not even compile. :-)

John -- use Perl; program fulfillment