From: "NYIMI Jose \(BMB\)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Ease of use? Freedom? The loads of CPAN modules? Simply ... the
power?

What exactly do you mean by "call"?

Do you need to
        1) run a Perl script after the user clicks a link or button on the
page returned by your JSP?
        2) start a local Perl script while processing the JSP on the server,
capture the output and include it in the resulting page?
        3) start a remote Perl CGI script while processing the JSP on the
server, capture the output and include it in the resulting page?

In the first case you just need to either construct the URL to the
script plus the parameters or create a <form action="URL of the
script"> with some hidden fields for those values and let the user
submit the form.

In the other two cases you are very unlikely to get much help in
here. Try a Java/JSP related mailing list. I have no idea how to do
either in Java and I'd love it to remain so.

Jenda
===== [EMAIL PROTECTED] === http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz =====
        -- Terry Pratchett in Sourcery