Wiggins d Anconia said:
>> I really like Perl, but lately everywhere I seem to go and talk to say I
>> shouldn't be learning Perl as it's old and Python is better.
>>

> I'm impressed, come to the Midwest in the US, around here they have only
> heard of M$ and Cobol.  Ironically, Python is showing its age, just look
> at Ruby. Of course Perl 6/Parrot stands to make all of the discussion
> moot.

Yeah, that will shut them all up.

By the way, my program now works great thanks to your sub advice. I still
have some cleaning to do, like my resize sub abd incorporating file tests
etc.

You can see how bad my program is at:

http://www.perl.me.uk

It's called ebaypics

Advice from you in a new thread, would be very appreciated.

Gavin.