From: "Nicolay A. Vasiliev" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Dear mr. Schwartz!
> Let me be unagreed. Functionally complete OO language at least means
> the next thing: when I create some object (ie, declare some variable,
> maybe string), this already have necessary methods like Python or
> Ruby. Even C++ haven't such functionality. Of course Perl haven't this
> too.

Sorry? Oh you want substr() to be a method, not a function, you want
to write
        $line.chomp();
instead of
        chomp($line);
right?

I'd rather not.
Not everything has to be an object. Not everything has to be called
like methods.

Would you like to have to write
        $x = $y.sin().plus($y)
instead of
        $x = sin($x) + $y;
?

There is a big difference between a functionaly complete OO language
and a language that forces everything to be an object.

> I love Perl, it's great for concrete tasks class. But Python is good
> and clever too, don't you blacken this please even in a comedy form ;)

I did not see the word Python in Randal's message.

Jenda
===== [EMAIL PROTECTED] === http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz =====
        -- Terry Pratchett in Sourcery