Gunnar> I hear that you have never distributed CGI scripts to people who
Gunnar> typically have never heard of CPAN and don't have shell access, and to
Gunnar> whom Perl and CGI are synonyms. That's the 'business' I am in.

Then cut and paste the relevant parts of Email::Valid (a proven
solution) into your script.  The license permits that.

Still faulty reasoning to think you need to "reinvent it", and a waste
of our time to vet your new solution.  Silly person.