On Mon, 6 Jun 2005 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Regarding the suggestion to unsubscribe folks who put vacation
> messages on their account, I'm in a company which considers it very
> good practice to do so.

So what? Unsubscribe while you're on vacation.

It's obnoxious to send this kind of spam to strangers on mailing lists.

Just don't do it. Please :-)

> Maybe the solution is just not to go on vacation.

Or temporarily subscribe, then sign back up on return.

Or -- shock horror -- get a gmail / hotmail / yahoo / etc account and
use that for your mailing lists, rather than your work account. That way
you're not bound by your employer's mail policies, and you don't have to
futz around with unsubscribing & resubscribing, and you don't get on the
nerves of the rest of the people on the list.

Complaining that your employer makes you do this kind of thing is a
pretty thin excuse when webmail accounts are so easy to find...

And as a bonus, in your case, you can be liberated from the tyrrany that
is Lotus Notes :-)

--
Chris Devers