On Fri, 2005-10-14 at 15:34, Jeff 'japhy' Pinyan wrote:
> On Oct 14, Charles Farinella said:
>
> > Does anyone know how I can search for non-ascii characters in a text
> > file?
>
> By non-ASCII, do you mean characters high-bit ASCII or Unicode?

oooohhhhh, I'm already in over my head.

I'm trying to import a bunch of data from a Postgresql dump into a newer
version of Postgresql and it's giving me this error:

"invalid byte sequence for encoding "UNICODE": 0xd564"

They are characters that look like this:  ^0 (at least some of them)

My boss says "oh just write a Perl script that replaces all the
non-ascii characters with spaces!"

So that's where I'm at.

Thanks,

--charlie