Brian Volk wrote:
Hi All~

I'm using the glob function to grab all the files in a given directory
and
then using crontab to check it every 5 minutes.  Once I have the files
I'm
using the diamond operator to read every line in every file and *do
something* if the line matches.   Here's my questions:

Given directory:

File 1 - in dir at 9:01

File 2 - in dir at 9:02

File 3 - in dir at 9:03

I would like to process the File 1 first then File 2 and then File 3.
Each
file contains data that I need to print for that order.  If I can
process
the orders (File 1, File 2, File 3) according to the time they entered
the
given dir (first in/first out) the data will print off in the correct
sequence.

This will load @ARGV with the files in the current directory sorted oldest -> newest:

  @ARGV = map $_->[0],
    map [ $_, -M ],
    grep -f,                 # get only plain files
    <*>;

How it works is left as an exercise for the reader :-)