Saboo, Nandakishore wrote:

Hi Edward,

__BEGIN__
use Acme::Spork;
my $req_id =  spork( sub { system("perl compute_price.pl -eml \"$uemail\" -type $ct
-unit $nu"); } )
or die qq {Could not fork for spork: $!};

__END__

Any idea?

What's this Acme::Spork package about(i have no idea) and it is not installed
on my system.

The DESCRIPTION at:
 http://search.cpan.org/perldoc?Acme::Spork
is pretty descriptive :)

It essentially properly forks a completely seperate process to run the given code ref in. That allows you to do soemthgin qucik (say display a webpage) but also do soemthing in the background that might take a while without the initial process having to keep running. The docs are pretty clear.

Could you be able to give me some idea how to install this module (w/o root
privileges)

You do this:
 perldoc -q "How do I install a module from CPAN"

in your home directory:
 perldoc -q "How do I keep my own module/library directory"