> Did you enable ForceArray?
>
> Did you use Data::Dumper to look at the structure of
what XML::Simple returned?

Yes to both.  I've attached the Dumper output.
(outp.txt).  Given the attached xml file, and your
first snippet/example, I tried to do something very
simple:  print out my dataschema name:

foreach $d (@{$data->{dataschemas}}) {
  print "Dataschema: $d->{name}\n";
}

It won't print.  I won't include all the variants on
the $d->{name} line I've tried, but all the results
are the same:  nothing outputs.

BW

http://mail.yahoo.com
$VAR1 = {
          'dataschema' => {
                            'attributes' => {
                                              'attribute' => {
                                                               'category' => '',
                                                               'extract' =>
'true',
                                                               'segmentation'
=> 'soft',
                                                               'parser' =>
'TextParser'
                                                             }
                                            },
                            'includes' => {
                                            'include' => {
                                                           'Base Metadata' =>
{},
                                                           'Extracted Re-Map'
=> {}
                                                         }
                                          },
                            'name' => 'defaultDB'
                          }
        };
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<dataschemas>
  <dataschema name="defaultDB">
    <includes>
      <include name="Base Metadata"/>
      <include name="Extracted Re-Map"/>
    </includes>
    <attributes>
      <attribute category="" parser="TextParser" extract="true" segmentation="soft"/>
    </attributes>
  </dataschema>
</dataschemas>