Dear All,

My Code is to ping a range of IP reading from a text file and if they are
not reachable then just write the IP's to  a file. Regarding permissions i
am running the same script using root previliges and i am able to run the
script maually but it is failing if i write the script in cron like one
below,
10 * * * * /scripts/xxxx.pl

Can u all please help on the above

Regards
Mazhar

On 10/9/06, Paul Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Mon, Oct 09, 2006 at 03:23:49PM +0400, Mazhar wrote:

> I tried with the below and made my script as executable with chmod
command
> but the same is not running every 10 minutes.

Once you have worked out your crontab syntax, almost all cron problems are
due
to permissions or environment.

> Need your help

Since you have provided no information whatsoever on how your script is
failing it is hard to say more than that.

--
Paul Johnson - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.pjcj.net