I have set the Shebang in my code to the below

#!/usr/bin/perl

and below is top of my code below,

#!/usr/bin/perl

use strict;
use warnings;
use Net::Ping;

my $file_name='hostnames.txt';
my $line;
my @host_array;

`rm pingnotif*.*`;

`touch alive.log`;
_-----------------------------------------------------------------

Regards
Mazhar

On 10/11/06, Steve Finkelstein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

What #3 means, is your shebang should contain the full path to perl. This
could be something similar to:

#!/usr/bin/perl
#!/usr/local/bin/perl

If you have your shebang set to:

#!perl

Your cron environment might not be able to find the PATH to the binary.

-- Steve