This is the last top-posted email from you that I will answer..
Please learn how to quote properly!

On Wednesday 11 October 2006 13:14, Mazhar wrote:
> 1. Is /scripts/xxxx.pl the full path name?
> Yes the above is the correct path of the script : when i run perl
> /scripts/xxx.pl it runs fine

So this is how you run it from command:?
perl /scripts/xxx.pl

What happens if you try this:
/scripts/xxx.pl

> 2. Does your script have execute permissions
> Yes it has execute permissions (i changed it chmod +x for the code file)

what is the output of
ls -l /scripts/xxx.pl

> 3. Does the shebang line indicate the full path to the perl binary?
> Can u explain me what does the above signify

What is the first line in your script?
It *should* look like this:
#!/usr/bin/perl
or similar.

Make sure you also have at the top of your script:
use strict;
use warnings;

Then give us the *whole* error message (the whole output if it is not too
long).

Regards
Bjørge

--
Bjørge Solli - Office:+47 55205847
Mohn-Sverdrupsenteret, Nansensenteret, Høyteknologisenteret T47