From:                   "Octavian Rasnita" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To:                     "Jenda Krynicky" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject:                Re: Free PERL Editor
Date sent:              Wed, 22 Nov 2006 22:23:23 -0800

> Hi,
>
> > Adding this to SciTe (as you probably know) is trivial:
> >
> > command.name.1.$(file.patterns.perl)=Run Script
> > command.1.$(file.patterns.perl)=*"d:\perl\bin\perl.exe" $(1) $(2)
> > $(3) $(4) command.subsystem.1.$(file.patterns.perl)=0
> > command.is.filter.1.$(file.patterns.perl)=1
>
> I have tried these settings, but I think the line that runs perl miss
> the current file name, so perl tries to execute the first parameter.
> Can you tell me how to put perl to run the current file name? (which
> is the variable that holds the path to the currently opened file)

Whoops, sorry. The second line should have been like this:

command.1.$(file.patterns.perl)=*"d:\perl\bin\perl.exe" "$(FilePath)"
$(1) $(2) $(3) $(4)

> > The only screen reader I have is the Microsoft Narator installed
> > with Windows, but it does seem to be able to access the output
> > window. If I switch to it (CTRL+F6) and press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER the
> > Narator starts to read the output.
>
> Ok, I remember that the output window was not accessible in another
> editor. In SciTe it is accessible, but I need to manually delete the
> output window before running the program a second time. I need to do
> this, because otherwise I might see a previous error and I might need
> that the program is still not working. Do you know if there is a way
> of forcing SciTe to clean the output window on each run?

Sorry, I don't. You could probably do it via the Lua scripting
available since version 1.60.

Jenda
===== [EMAIL PROTECTED] === http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz =====
        -- Terry Pratchett in Sourcery