Octavian Rasnita am Freitag, 24. November 2006 06:17:
> From: "Paul Brasseur" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> >          Try PSPad ! It is a Great Perl/PHP Editor. It has many nice
> > Features such
> > as Permanent and Descriptive Bookmarks, add a Comment to Line(s), Code
> > Explorer Window. It easily can be set to run Apache and/or Xitami. It
> > is written
> > by a Computer Science Instructor in Eastern Europe.
>
> Ok. I will need to study it a little better, because I couldn't find how to
> run a perl program with it.
> I just want to use a key combination (like Control+Shift+R), a pop-up
> window prompting for parameters should appear, and after typing the
> parameters and hit enter, the results or the errors should be printed in
> another
> document-window which should be created.
> Is this possible with PsPad?

Hi Octavian

Emacs / Xemacs can do that all; check syntax, run with output in new window,
rcs/cvs integration, syntax highlighting, automatic (and of course
customizable) source formatting support...

And it has much much *much* more features I don't know/use yet! It's not only
a "perl editor", it's an "all purpose editor".

(Can't compare to vim since I only use nano or vi in a terminal for system
admin)

Dani