On Saturday 04 August 2007 04:47, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I'm sorry. I wasnt clear in my first post. A situation arises when my
> router gets restarted, the internal ip addresses of the computers in
> my home (192.168.1.100 and the like) are shifted around. Normally I
> have the router forward some ports to one of my computers for a few
> services that I like to have, like an ftp server.
>
> What I want to do is create a perl script that runs in cron that will
> make sure my router is forwarding the ports I want it to. But the
> thing is, the only interface I know of for doing such things is the
> web interface to my router. It needs the mouse to select checkboxes
> and fill in textboxes. It would be great if I can script this action
> to run on a regular basis especially since Im not always home when the
> ips get switched around.
>
> Thanks

Hi,
this would be possible without too many trouble.

just get the html of your router's webinterface and grep the lines where you
can see if the settings are right.
If not, submit a cgi request to your router, where you set the correct
settings.

Perhaps you'd like to read something about cgi before.

However, I'd guess you could also assign a static IP to your pc.

Michael