[EMAIL PROTECTED] schreef:

> How would I make something that would automatically open the correct
> ports for a certain machine without my having to be at the machine
> goto 192.168.1.1 in a browser and open the ports manually? Can this be
> done easily?

Best configure the router's DHCP to (for example) limit itself to
192.168.1.1-100, and make the addresses > 100 static. Then give static
addresses to all PCs/printers/storage/etc. that needs to have specific
ports open. Is really much easier!
Give the static IPs a name in every hosts file, and each machine is
easily accessible by name too.

BTW, many DHCP implementations cache the hardware-id (MAC-address) of
the network interface (NIC) in order to hand out the same IP-address
after a reboot. Maye that is an option you can enable.

--
Affijn, Ruud

"Gewoon is een tijger."