Paul Lalli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Read
> perldoc -f open
> for how to open a file in read/write mode.

Always amazes me when someone so taken with themselves as you seem to
be finds time to write a lengthy point by point rebuttal to a
non-debating post but fails to SHOW  where the code is wrong.

Well thanks very much for your time. but someone actually explained
why WHENCE is there in a sensible way and I did try `+>' before
posting.  It works no better. But please don't interrupt whatever
counterpoint debate you are now composing to reply.

Whiners are just not worth the effort.  Might have done well to just
hold your tongue right along.  Its puzzling why you didn't.

But maybe you just couldn't pass up the chance to show what a
brilliant debating gladiator you can really be?