Hi List,

I am in the process of making a web service which will (at some point) query
an oracle DB with some user supplied text.  Currently the page allows the
user to select the information in the insert from a tick box, the tables
from a list and the conditional they can choose and then enter associated
text.

I realise that this is not smart, at least without any parameter checking.
I need a way of making the information 'safe' - avoid sql injections etc.  I
have tried using $dbh->quote($string) but this creates errors if the key
word entered by the users is null - as oracle thinks this is not a keyword.

hints, tips and solutions accepted :)

I don't have admin rights and can't install any modules that aren't already
available.  The project is running under perl catalyst.

Thanks in advance