Matthew Whipple wrote:
That would depend upon which side that command was executed.  Keep in
mind that he had mentioned a script that would iniate the SSH connection
from the Solaris computer and could retrieve data from that computer
which could then be passed over the connection.
I unfortunately no longer have the original message and don't have time
to find it, but I had noticed that one of the problem modules he was
having was DBI so I was supposing he was looking to store login
information in a DB.  In that case he would be able to gather login
information on the "SERVERK" computer before initiating the SSH
connection and passing the information to a script which would handle
any functionality not presently supported on SERVERK  (not to be
confused with permission).  The only person to answer this is the OP,
and he may not if the alternative module installation prefix works for
him.
ok so let's say on SERVERK, I cannot install any modules(no root access and different compilers, gcc(I have tried perlgcc but to no success), and other reasons that I cannot explain nor understand and after numerous attempts(installing my own dir and others), I have gave up. Also since this is production machine which has other users using other things, any destruction behavior would be catastrophic.

so, what I am thinking of doing is,

1)on linux1, create a user dummyX whose initial .bashrc has immediate exit but do launch on perl script 2)perl script will go through SERVERK(if necessary) or go after server1-4... if it has connectivity. and run it's course.

3)so on SERVERK, user dummyY will launch a script called, launchX whose contents are

   ssh [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Maybe this is stupid idea.. but I will try.