Hi Amit,

Amit Saxena wrote:
Using external modules in the home directory is not disallowed, in fact I
keep using few CPAN modules from my home directory like PerlTidy etc.

However the reason for which I want to use an inbuilt module because I need
not ask sysadmin people to download and install an external module just for
my requirement.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you mean here... You DO have modules in your home directory, but you don't want to ask the sysadmins to download them for you? How did you get those modules in your home directory, then?

By installing them in your home directory, I also mean that *you* download them yourself. At first, I thought the sysadmins are preventing you from installing for strange reasons (disk quota, etc.). So, in the absence of someone giving you an answer to your other question, you might want to look into how to do an install in your home directory. Check this out:

http://servers.digitaldaze.com/extensions/perl/modules.html
http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/CPAN/perl/lib/CPAN.html

On the first page, scroll down to the bottom to where it talks about CPAN.pm. If that doesn't work, then download the source and compile as the top of the first link says.

Of course...this is only if no one else can help you with your original question; I've certainly installed modules in my home directory without ever bothering the system administrator at all.

And yes, using them should be faster than doing "system ("file")"...

Ray