I too did not see the original post, but I have had some experience with this problem with my 8 y/o Samoyed Jammers. I don't know the particulars with this dog, but with Jammers it's stress and the sammy attitude of "Screw you". She gets angry and upset that she has been left alone. It's a real obvious "Screw You" She will not pee while left in her crate, and she won't pee anywhere else in the house when left alone, except on my bed. She does the same thing in the car, if you leave her more then 15 minutes loose in the car, she will pee on my seat, regaurdless of whether or not you just pee'd her. She is just making her emotions known, as a good Sammy would. I don't know whether or not this is the case with the Berner, but it may be stress related?

Jen

From: "Susan Berlin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: peeing on the bed
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2002 06:26:34 -0800

Hi -- I didn't get the original post on this (just some of the replies)
becuse I get the digest and it's often truncated. So I don't know all the
circumstances, but I do have one comment: my Maggie peed on the bed once --
though she was a fujjlly-grown dog at the time -- but she did it *in her
sleep*. I took her to the vet at once, and it turned out she had some liver
enzymes way out of whack, probably indicating hepatitis. Apparently,
hepatitis can produce urinary dysfunction. Fortunately, it resolved by
itself (we did e-rays, repeated the tests, etc.) so all ended well, but I
thought people would want to know of this possibility.

Susan
Salt Spring Island, BC

Get a speedy connection with MSN Broadband.  Join now! http://resourcecenter.msn.com/access/plans/freeactivation.asp