Hi Anne

I can only give you our personal experience with OCD with our girl Ari. When
Ari was about 8 mnths she started limping and after X-rays it was determined
that she had  a "joint mouse" [what they call the piece of bone that has
come loose]...however in Ari's case it had not yet come completely loose.
Evidently when it does, the sharp edges can cause pain when they jab into
the surrounding tissue.

We started Shark Cartilage and the Gloucosomine/Chrondroitin.....shortly
after that we switched to a BARF diet.

Well, X-rays a few months later showed that a protective capsule of sorts
had formed around the "joint mouse" and kept it in place. It never had a
chance to migrate.

We tried to keep Ari's antics to a minimum during those weeks.......good
luck!  She is a crazy girl, whose play bows in the back yard are so forceful
that you can hear them hit....she is a silly girl.

Hope some of this info helps

Cathi-see our babies at:
http://community.webtv.net/bernerlover/LANDSLIDEBERNESE

> I would appreciate hearing from others who have dealt with this
condition...your experiences with the surgery, recovery, success, return to
activity, or if you found rest to be a viable solution in lieu of surgery.