Sent this this morning...haven't seen it show up.  Sorry if it ends up posted
twice.
-SV

In a message dated 11/12/2002 5:51:12 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Breeders don't PLAN on scamming their buyers, they don't PLAN on pups
> becoming ill or dysplasic, they don't PLAN
>  on "taking the money and running" as some of these message seem to say.

I'm afraid some are doing exactly that Sandy...
Maybe not the ones you work with or chat with at shows...but there IS a whole
other world of people breeding or brokering Bernese who don't give a whit
about anything but profit.   They breed for maximum production period...and
they intentionally structure guarantees in such a way that they're unlikely
to be utilized.  Pay them some extra money and you get a lifetime
guarantee!...just like the 'extra protection plan' when you buy a new fridge.

Perhaps you haven't experienced these breeders, but there are many people on
this list who have... either by purchasing one of their puppies or by
rescuing them.  And there are others on the list who will experience those
profiteers ...unless we're able to help them discern the difference.

-Sherri Venditti