I had a female Collie in my pre-Berner days who was spayed at 6 months and
by the time she was a year old, was experiencing spay related incontinence.
She was put on DES.  I was able to wean the original dose, which I cannot
remember, down to one dose per month.  She lived to age 13 and had no cancer
or other DES related problems.

Janice Parky