Jordan,

I guess the best answer is, a little of all of the choices. There is
certainly an element of chance, and in at least two of the cancers (mast
cell, histiocytosis) there is also an element of genetics. Maybe some
environmental causes, life style, who knows!

We don't have the answers to cancer yet, we may someday. For now, we can
just share the information, and look to see if there is any hereditary
aspect of the various types of cancer. That's what Berner-Garde helps to
do.

In the meantime, you hug that Hesse and enjoy each day!

Pat Long (& Luther)
Berwyn PA