Hi Jordan,

> Some advice sought... How might one relate to cancer in a Berner?
> Bad luck?
> Genetic?
> Or, what?

I moderate a group on Yahoo for owners of pets with cancer and have done for
the past three and a half  years since my Sam was first diagnosed. Many pet
owners come and go through this group, all breeds. Only four Bernese in the
time I have been doing this, one my Sam, two others were Berner Owners I
have pointed to this group. And, believe me, this group is busy.

So, do I judge that Bernese are less prone to cancer than other breeds or
that Berner owners are lucky to have Berner-L where these problems are
addressed!

Cancer is an issue but I do not believe is more so in this breed than any
other! Or in us humans for that matter!

My Sam's death to lymphosarcoma was heartbreaking for me, he was only six,
first ever of my animals to die young!

But, I will do my utmost to fund further research into cancer and possible
genetic links, anything to help stop someone else going through the pain I
felt when Sam died. And I work hard with EndlessLove helping other people
who are facing this right now, not just lymphoma but all the other cancers
too!

Guess my answer has to come in the "or what" part of your query!

More than bad luck, more than genetic in Berners! A much bigger issue here
is involved!

Cancer can be a killer for us all, one day we will find the answer if we all
try hard enough!

Biggest Berner Hugs,

Jean, Sunny, Simmy, Barney and the Gang
(Mr Rainbow Sam & the Bridge Kids)