Hi Judith,

I personally have not used my dogs for blood donors, but
have regularly used my 12+ lb cat for donating blood.  My
husband, Chris,
is a vet tech also, but he works at our local ER vet and
they go through quite a bit of blood.  I do know that the US
has a blood
shortage for animal blood similar to the human blood
donation shortage, so I'm sure that Cinderella's donation
would be a godsend to
a sick dog.  She would be saving a life.  Depending on how
that clinic does it, they may or may not decide to lightly
sedate
Cinderella for the blood collecting.  It's not a hard
process but can take a few minutes, and typically dogs get
wiggly before enough
blood is obtained.  Depending again on their procedures,
they may shave a small amount of the hair on her neck also.
It is a noble
thing to do and I applaud you for considering it.

(Also please feel free to forward this to the Berner-L.
This darned AOL will only do it in the forbidden HTML.
grrr)

Hugs to Cinderella,
Andrea Stefanac
& Chance CD NDD CGC TT
& Gilby the blood donating cat (who is less than thrilled
about his noble cause)
Richmond, VA