Hi Anne,
Our two major companies here in Canada tell you what exclusions you have
and you have 30days to cancel for full refund. They both include HD and ED
providing the dog has not been diagnosed before the policy is set up. Same
thing with OCD in the shoulder.

There is a company on the west coast that is Vet Pet Insurance and I wonder
if it is the same as the US company. The Canadian one is underwritten by
Allianz. Their rates vary according to the age of the dog and remain the
same for the duration of the policy, there is no set up fee but as a result
you don't know what your exclusions are until you put in a claim. They do
not cover congenital conditions such as HD or ED and tend to squirm out of
anything if they can out negotiate the policy holder.

Rose T.