Last summer I gave my dogs Kyolic (brand) Odorless, organic garlic capsules
with Lecithin.  In the Kyolic brand this is Formula 104.  Each capsule has
600mg aged garlic extract powder and 380mg lecithin.  Each Berner here gets
3 capsules in the morning and 3 with their evening meal, total 6 capsules
daily.  I was amazed at how few ticks they got last year and I live on
acreage that is surrounded with woods and lots of undergrowth (tick heaven,
in other words).  When I would worry about them getting too much garlic or
too much lecithin, I would back off to 4 capsules daily and one of the dogs
would pick up a tick.  I have already started garlic for this summer.  I've
been asked if you could start it during the week to be effective for a
weekend trip to the woods and I'm not sure.  I would imagine the build up in
the dog's system has something to do with the effectiveness of keeping ticks
away.

Gail Miller
Cynosure Bernese in Arkansas
[EMAIL PROTECTED]