In a message dated 05/27/2003 9:33:09 PM Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<<  I am going one more week but if I come away with mixed feelings again
then I'll quit this instructor and go elsewhere. >>

My own feeling is - go with your "gut" feeling.  I have made it a policy of
my own that no one works with my dog but me.  I will ask for an instructor's
advise and suggestion and if it "feels" right to me, I will do it.  Berners are
sensitive dogs and usually should not  be subjected to rough treatment.  Most
of them do not forgive easily and tend to have memories like the proverbial
elephant.  It is often best to observe an instructor doing a class before
signing up to be sure their methods and your comfort level are on the same wave
length.  Your boy could easily have been taught not to "snarf" his treats without
the "punching".

Anne Copeland, Flash,TDI/CGC (Berner, 8 3/4 yrs.) & Gypsy TDI/CGC(Rescue
Cavalier,2 yrs.)
BMDCA Corresponding Secretary
NE ILL       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Ty's memorial page: http://www.geocities.com/workingyorkie/ty.html