Julie,

Some of the breeders may have a better answer for you, but I have NEVER seen a Berner drool. If there are some that do, I'm sure it's rare. I've been around plenty of them and have never seen any indication of drooling. The ones I've seen have also been pretty neat about drinking.

Julie E. Johnson wrote:

Hi,
I'm new to the list.  I am considering whether the berner is the right
breed for our family.  I have researched the dogs and have learned that
SOME drool.  If a dog is going to be a drooler, at what age does this
typically start?  Can this trait be seen in the pups?  For the dogs that
are droolers, how bad is it?  I hear it is not as heavy as St. Bernards,
but I am imagining more than our golden retriever who shares his latest
drink with us?

I apologize if this topic has been addressed before.  I was unable to
access the archive site.
Feel free to respond if person if this is not appropriate to the list.
Thanks,
Julie
[EMAIL PROTECTED]