Dear Jordan,

You just keep enjoying Hesse, and give him some big hugs from me too!!

When my Hannibal died he was only 4 years old. It broke my heart, he was
that one in a million dog that so many of us seem to find in Berners.
But I decided that I would rather have 4 special years with a Berner
than 15 years with any other breed. I've been lucky since then, Vesta
made it to 11, and Maggie made it to 9.5 years. All in all, I've beaten
the breed average by over a year.

The breed has brought so many things into my life, I hope to find ways
to repay all they've given me. I think I've been lucky to find some ways
to help out.

I know it's very hard to see one of these dogs fail - but even when
they're older, we always tend to think "why me?" Anytime we lose a
Berner - it's always just too soon. They are angels with four white
feet, on loan to us for far too short a time.

All my love,

Pat Long (& Luther)
Berwyn PA