I am so sorry for your troubles and your discouragement. It is unfair that
bad things happen, and especially when they seem to happen in clusters.

Life is wonderful but it is not perfect -- bad things happen all the time.
No breed of dog is immune from problems, just as none of us are guaranteed a
long and healthy life. Luckily, hip dysplasia is not the end of the world.
Also, remember that hips change -- there is a reason that OFA will not
certify hips before a dog is two. I am not sure I would be too worried about
an asymptomatic dog with questionable hips at a young age. I would repeat
the films when she is two and send them to a certifying organization for a
definitive diagnosis. In the meantime, let her be a puppy! Take walks, have
fun, keep her lean :)

I am struck once again by the things that people require of their puppy
buyers -- carrying puppies on stairs?! Not taking her on walks?! Sounds like
a recipe for back problems and a wild puppy to me!! Do other people get such
directives??

Mary-Ann Bowman
Utah