Hi Wim,

Thanks for your detail explanation.

In your solution, MPLSoGRE/oUDP needs to be supported in data center network.
To support option-c interconnection with WAN network, TORs/NVEs need to add one
BGP LSP Label in middle layer, so TORs/NVEs need to perform MPLS(VPN Layer) +
MPLS (BGP LSP Label) + GRE/UDP encapsulation for the traffic from local
connecting end systems to WAN network. In your solution, GRE/UDP layer is not
used for transport layer stitching at ASBR-d, traditonal end to end BGP LSP is
still used for transport layer.

In our solution, VXLAN/NVGRE are two of the focuses, and for VXLAN/NVGRE and
MPLS VPN network option-c mode interconnection, our solution seems to be the
only choice. For MPLS Over GRE/UDP, it's the debating point.We propose the same
interconnecting solution for MPLSoGRE/oUDP, your proposal provides another
optional solution, i think it works and is good. However, i think an
independent informational draft only for this point maybe not necessary, we can
describe it in same single draft which includes all possible solutions for IP
overlay network(VXLAN/NVGRE/VXLAN-GPE/MPLSoGRE/MPLSoUDP) and MPLS VPN network
interworking using option-c mode.

In summary, Option-c mode interconnecting solution between IP overlay network
and MPLS VPN network is needed for BESS working group, and we should cover all
possible solutions for all possible mainstream IP overlay encapsulations in
single draft.

Thanks,

weiguo