Hi Sudhin,

Please see in-line.
Thanks.
Jorge

From: BESS <bess-boun...@ietf.org<mailto:bess-boun...@ietf.org>> on behalf of
sudeep g ggg <sudhinja...@rediffmail.com<mailto:sudhinja...@rediffmail.com>>
Date: Wednesday, November 25, 2015 at 2:58 PM
To: "bess@ietf.org<mailto:bess@ietf.org>" <bess@ietf.org<mailto:bess@ietf.org>>
Subject: [bess] REG: draft-rabadan-bess-evpn-ac-df-02

Respected Authors,

I had gone through the draft at high level,I am happy to see a real provider
provisioning issues addressed in your draft. Much appreciated.

Some key highlights in your draft.

1. No changes.
2. Using existing features to address a problem.
3. Addresses provisioning issues.

[JORGE] not only provisioning issues but also ‘logical’ failures like an
"Attachment Circuit” going oper-down due to OAM or admin shutdown.

How ever I have following queries.

May I know how to deal with vlan provisioning issues like one PE will have vlan
2,3,4 and other PE will have 3,4 this will end up in both PE's as DF correct me
if I am wrong, you use type 1 Ad per ES and EVI for DF election, how about vlan
issues.

[JORGE] the draft talks about how to influence the DF election based on the
status of an “Attachment Circuit (AC)”. For VLAN-based services, a customer VID
equals an AC (and there is a single VLAN per EVI per ES), hence in this case
you can actually catch VLAN provisioning mistakes, i.e. if you don’t provision
VLAN 2 in PE1, PE1 won’t ever send the AD per EVI route for that VLAN, hence
PE1 won’t be elected the DF within the ES in any PE using the AD per-EVI route
in the DF election.

May I know how to handle transient loop during 3 seconds period during DF
election.May I know the state of PE during the DF election, clarity
required[humble opinion].

[JORGE] the draft is not changing the DF election itself (where, by the way,
there is no transient loops). It is only removing PEs from the candidate DF
list for a given EVI based on the presence of the AD per-EVI route. All the
rest of the RFC7432 procedures are kept intact.

This seems to be a good customer focused solution. I appreciate it.[please
note: this is my humble opinion as an individual not representing any one]

Regards,
Sudhin Jacob

[https://sigads.rediff.com/RealMedia/ads/adstream_nx.ads/www.rediffmail.com/signatureline.htm@Middle]<https://sigads.rediff.com/RealMedia/ads/click_nx.ads/www.rediffmail.com/signatureline.htm@Middle?>
Get your own FREE website, FREE domain & FREE mobile app with Company email.
        Know More