Hi Jorge and Vinayak,

I don't understand this use case of RFC9136 very well either,

because when a BD of VLAN-aware bundle EVI is used in Bump-in-the-wire use case,

I don't sure how the IP prefixes routes are recursively rosolved.

I hope to share my understandings to help to make this use case more clear.

When  an IP Prefix route is advertised in the context of a VLAN-aware BD, and
the IP Prefix route would be using a non-zero Ethernet Tag ID,

The overlay index of the IP prefix route should be considered to be the <ESI,
Ethernet Tag ID> or just the ESI?

In section 3 of RFC9136, I see that only the ESI is considered to be the
overlay index.

Thanks,

Yubao

On Fri, 3 Dec 2021 17:03:48 +0000