Greetings Bess and IDR:

The IDR chairs request that each of the authors of

draft-dskc-bess-bgp-car-03.txt.

submit an IPR statement in response to this email.

The motivation for this IPR call is below.

We expect IPR responses from the authors:

Dhananjaya Rao, Swadesh Agrawal, Clarence Filsfils,

 Ketan Talaulikar, Dirk Steinberg, Luay Jalil,

Yuanchao Su, Bruno Decraene, Jim Guichard,

Keyur Patel, Haibo Wang

There is one  IPR filed against this draft:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/4844/

Motivation for IPR call

==========================

Why are the IDR calling for IPR statements?

The authors of draft-kaliraj-idr-bgp-classful-transport-planes-13.txt

have asked for WG Adoption.

We have two drafts that are discussing embedded NLRI (color).

draft-dskc-bess-bgp-car-03.txt

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dskc-bess-bgp-car/

and

draft-kaliraj-idr-bgp-classful-transport-planes-13.txt

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kaliraj-idr-bgp-classful-transport-pl
anes/

Since the IDR chairs know these drafts may overlap,

we expect to work closely with the bess-chairs, spring-chairs,

IDR WG, and BESS WG any WG adoption  and WG LC.

Other Discussions

==================

IDR WG held an interim on 1/24/2022 that discussed these two drafts:

The minutes are at:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/interim-2022-idr-02/materials/minutes-i
nterim-2022-idr-02-202201241000-01

Jeff has started two mail threads for CAR/CT drafts based on 2 Questions:

Question 1: BGP routes with color, Question 1: How does route resolution
work with your feature?

https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/idr/OaNnE5epcaK7GtcV8OlAVdD3ZbI/

Question 2: BGP routes with color, Question 2: Route origination and
propagation

https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/idr/4MYIFyHWITj8-Kk38AmKlkhh5b8/

Kaliraj began discussion on this email on IDR:

https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/idr/_RB9Md01RXUPQ5g-8hzOfJPhT7k/

The BESS email discussion regarding CAR (11/18/2021 to 1/24/2022) can be
found at:

https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/bess/_9oTLaod7z9o_1SYEai0tN5b0EM/

Sue Hares

IDR chair