From: BESS <bess-boun...@ietf.org> on behalf of Susan Hares <sha...@ndzh.com>
Date: Friday, March 4, 2022 at 1:24 AM
To: "bess@ietf.org" <bess@ietf.org>, "i...@ietf.org" <i...@ietf.org>
Cc: "spring-cha...@ietf.org" <spring-cha...@ietf.org>
Subject: [bess] IPR call for draft-dskc-bess-bgp-car-03 (3/4 to 3/10) - Prior
to adoption of CAR/CT solutions

Greetings Bess and IDR:

The IDR chairs request that each of the authors of
draft-dskc-bess-bgp-car-03.txt.
submit an IPR statement in response to this email.
The motivation for this IPR call is below.

We expect IPR responses from the authors:
Dhananjaya Rao, Swadesh Agrawal, Clarence Filsfils,
 Ketan Talaulikar, Dirk Steinberg, Luay Jalil,
Yuanchao Su, Bruno Decraene, Jim Guichard,
Keyur Patel, Haibo Wang

There is one  IPR filed against this draft:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/4844/
Motivation for IPR call
==========================

Why are the IDR calling for IPR statements?
The authors of draft-kaliraj-idr-bgp-classful-transport-planes-13.txt
have asked for WG Adoption.

We have two drafts that are discussing embedded NLRI (color).
draft-dskc-bess-bgp-car-03.txt
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dskc-bess-bgp-car/
and
draft-kaliraj-idr-bgp-classful-transport-planes-13.txt

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kaliraj-idr-bgp-classful-transport-planes/

Since the IDR chairs know these drafts may overlap,
we expect to work closely with the bess-chairs, spring-chairs,
IDR WG, and BESS WG any WG adoption  and WG LC.

Other Discussions
==================
IDR WG held an interim on 1/24/2022 that discussed these two drafts:
The minutes are at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/interim-2022-idr-02/materials/minutes-interim-2022-idr-02-202201241000-01

Jeff has started two mail threads for CAR/CT drafts based on 2 Questions:
Question 1: BGP routes with color, Question 1: How does route resolution work
with your feature?
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/idr/OaNnE5epcaK7GtcV8OlAVdD3ZbI/

Question 2: BGP routes with color, Question 2: Route origination and propagation
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/idr/4MYIFyHWITj8-Kk38AmKlkhh5b8/

Kaliraj began discussion on this email on IDR:
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/idr/_RB9Md01RXUPQ5g-8hzOfJPhT7k/

The BESS email discussion regarding CAR (11/18/2021 to 1/24/2022) can be found
at:

https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/bess/_9oTLaod7z9o_1SYEai0tN5b0EM/

Sue Hares
IDR chair