Oh, that's horrible.  I've always used Browse Music Folders, but now
it's so incredibly ugly (the .wma even appears on the Squeezebox
itself!) that Browse Music Folders feels like a second-class way of
using the system.  I spent a lot of time entering metadata, and I don't
want all that ignored just because I prefer a customized system of
navigating to my music.

But why don't you use the other browse modes? What's wrong with them?

Performance is great and all, but if making it fast means making it
bad, then don't.

Let's stick to ugly, not bad. But there's no need to argue here: those with bigger collections prefer speed, others nice layout.

There was a poll about this, btw. Not a very popular one, but it was 1:7 for "keep it" vs. "no metadata".

--

Michael