Sebastian,

> OK, Michael, I did not work with Firebug before so I was not aware of
> the options. Anyway, here is what it lists for an element that's
> shifted:

Great, thanks!

>   img, object[type^="image/"] {binding.css (line 29)
>   -moz-binding:url(chrome://imagetoolbar/content/imagetoolbar.xml#img)
> !important;
>   }

That's something _not_ coming from SlimServer. Are you using some FF extension
which manipulates pages or adds some functionality to pictures (image toolbar)?
If you do so, could you please remove it and try again?

> I am also wondering if it has something to do with my machine/program
> combination but it is not THAT special.

I'd still guess so. I'm constantly testing with MSIE6/7, FF, Opera and Safari
on Windows, Linux, Mac (where appropriate). There's always one or the other
missing something, but FF on Linux I have tested because of your report. I
don't expect the issue to be a serious problem with our code as otherwise there
would be more complaints ;-).

> Anyway strange no one else
> experienced this so far, so please don't waste too much of your
> precious time on debugging my special little problem, OK?!

Don't worry, as I do have a Linux (Ubuntu) running anyway, it's a minor problem
doing a quick test.

Michael