ModelCitizen;245459 Wrote:
> The development of the "look" of the SC7 web gui now appears to be
> heavily influenced by an informal conscensus of (generally) technically
> orientated SlimDevices forum users who, in my opinion, have managed to
> subvert the original elegant design.

If, when you talk about the "look", you mean the current color and
graphics scheme, you couldn't be more wrong.  That was purely internal,
and most of the comments here have been somewhat negative.

> I think in the end it is a bit unlikely that this forum based approach
> could achieve a coherant, professional, ergonomic and eye-pleasing
> design and that it is more likely to make the end result look like a
> bit of a hotch-potch (as I think it looks now).

I think a lot of poor ergonomic design decisions have been averted.

> To do the product justice I think it would be best if the GUI were
> produced (or the design led) by a dedicated and professional GUI
> designer (or company). In the same manner that SlimDevices brought in
> an acclaimed industrial designer (Fred Bould I think it was) who turned
> the ugly, cheap looking 70s alarm clock Squeezebox 2 into a sleek and
> polished product (the Squeezebox 3), an experienced and professional
> GUI designer should be used to design the default web interface.

That's a good point.  It would be nice to see what a small team of
three or four designers and programmers could come up with on their
own.

--
JJZolx

Jim