Diranged wrote:
> Fletch;250409 Wrote:
>> Only if you think it's clean to include an svn rev number in an official
>> release.  Seriously, RPM repositories that build thousands of packages
>> addressed these questions years ago.  Let's do it the way everyone else
>> does instead of reinventing the wheel.
>
> Fletch,
> I've gone ahead and made the appropriate changes to the files to
> create yum-happy RPM filenames and update the repo daily. I'm going to
> check my code in now, so you can see the changes. They were only to the
> makerelease.pl and squeezecenter.spec files.
>
> Please don't update the repo anymore, as I have a nightly script that
> should keep it updated daily and seems to be working... :)

Looking good.

Many thanks to Fletch for getting this going.

One question: for what OS/platform will you be supporting yum repos?
Will the same RPM work on, say, Fedora 7, Fedora 8. CentOS 4.4, CentOS
5.0, etc?

I think having a yum repo available with a high-quality RPM-package
makes Redhat-flavour linux a very good choice for a SqueezeCenter
machine. Fletch's Instant SqueezeCenter show's how easy it is to install.

R.