>For albums.  You never want to see all the artists listed in the
>by-line for an album.  You don't want to see 'The Time-Life Treasury of
>Christmas' by <30 different artists>.  Nor do you want to see the
>Santana album 'Supernatural' by <9 different artists>.

For a few track artists, it's quite nice, as the artist links are hyperlinked.
Eg, Album Artist: Page and Plant, Track Artists: Jimmy Page, Robert Plant.

But you're right.  I just checked my UNKLE - Reconstructions album, and the
album info page shows:

Album Artist:  UNKLE
Track Artist: Placebo, Blur, Massive Attack, Garbage, Ian Brown, Stina
Nordenstam, Beck, Breakbeat Era, The Verve, Cornelius, Tortoise
Album: Reconstructions

And this is looking a little messy.

If I were to look at a various artists album, it just says Compilation: Yes,
and doesn't bother to display any artists at all.

I've always considered an album with album artist defined to be like a
compilation album, as it groups songs by different artists under a single
artist.  This is similar to compilations, but the artist is a specific artist,
not "various artists".  Perhaps it should only show albumartist and not track
artists.

I believe that is an enhancement request though - I think it's always showed
all track artists.

[I'm not too bothered by it - it's not necessarily wrong, but for a long album
with lots of contributors, it will sure get messy].

Phil