> The problem is: There is no way these things get announced.

Any developer should subscribe to the checkins mailing list. And it was
discussed in the forums as well, as you were not the only one having
trouble with the change. It's not that we tried to hide it from the public.

> It took  me
> half an hour just to find out that it's not something with my code, that

And developers should always work on the latest trunk versions. One week
or more lagging isn't what you can do during beta testing.

> is wrong but that something on the server side had changed.
> How about a sticky "recent changes to API" in the developer's forum? I
> mean: the CLI doc is also not up to date in every detail...

If you would tell us the missing bits, we could add them. Complaining
alone won't help any one of us.

Michael