> pippin;268349 Wrote:
but if I want to render it I get redirected to
> browse_playlist.html? Is this a hard link in the server of some kind
> and why is that needed?

It is all in the way the http server works.  The page handlers use a
pattern match on the url to call the handler function.  In this case, the
active line of code is in Slim::Web::Pages::EditPlaylist:
[CODE]
Slim::Web::HTTP::addPageFunction(qr/^edit_playlist\.(?:htm|xml)/,
\&editplaylist);
[/CODE]

this means that the request for edit_playtlist.html will execute
editplaylist().  This function sends its results to
Slim::Web::Pages::BrowseDB::browsedb.  When all results are complete, the
server delivers the information to a template like so:

[CODE]
return Slim::Web::HTTP::filltemplatefile($template, $params);
[/CODE]

In the case of browsing playlists, $template is set in
Slim::Schema::ResultSet::PlaylistTrack to be browse_playlist.html, which
is the template file designed to handle the information given from the
server.

-kdf