MuckleEck;270642 Wrote:
> Does this apply ot the power on as well, I would have thought that I
> could switch it on, or maybe not.

No the Squeezebox is capable of very little without a server driving
it. You can get into its network settings and a few other maintenance
things without a server. But unless your Squeezebox is communicating
with Slimserver/SqueezeCenter or SqueezeNetwork (which is just a
special Slimserver out on the internet), it can't display anything or
output any audio. That's the whole point of the slim concept.

I should add that the "frozen" state you encountered means either
SqueezeCenter was no longer running on your WHS box or something was
preventing network communication between the Squeezeboxes and
SqueezeCenter running on the WHS box.

--
byKnight

Really, it was like that when I got here.