You might want to try restarting SC7 before doing the rescan - i.e. make
sure that SC7 is started _after_ MIP is running.

I actually keep the path to my music directory set in SC7 since
otherwise I would only get music which has been processed by MIP, and I
don't do that with everything.  At one point in the days of 6.x this
could lead to duplicates but I have not seen this happen under SC7 and
I get 'm's for all those tracks which have been processed by MIP and no
'm' for all of the others.

This is all on Ubuntu and I suppose it could be different for a
different  OS.

davep

--
davep